Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Lars George <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/15 14:29:25 UTC

Spurious Instantiation

Hi,

>From AssignmentManager.java in trunk:

  boolean setOfflineInZooKeeper(final RegionState state) {
    if (!state.isClosed() && !state.isOffline()) {
        new RuntimeException("Unexpected state trying to OFFLINE; " + state);
      this.master.abort("Unexpected state trying to OFFLINE; " + state,
        new IllegalStateException());
      return false;
    }

That first "new RuntimeException..." is a left over I presume?

Lars

Re: Spurious Instantiation

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
One of you lads want to make a patch? (Bernd, you have it right I'd say).
Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: Spurious Instantiation

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.