Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by smalpani <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/29 21:20:53 UTC

Need to check approach for continuing development on Spark

Hi,

We are developing an app in Spring in which we are using Cassandra and
calling datastax api's from Java to query it. The internal library is
responsible for calling cassandra and other data sources like RDS. We are
calling several client API's from Spark provided by the client-jar to
perform certain operations on that data like:
1. Reading data from S3 and inserting in cassandra by providing the objects
through API and then internally the API will store in cassandra.
2. Taking the data from cassandra through API as objects and then processing
on that data to generate metrics and saving it in cassandra through APi's
only.
3. Then internally through those API's only calculating aggregates and
separating data in bands etc.

The whole project is driven by Spring. Please let me know if we are
approaching towards it fine.