Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Parker <do...@netnevada.net> on 2003/02/27 04:45:34 UTC

[users@httpd] OpenSSL 0.9.7a + apache 2.0.44

Hi All,

	I have a question, if I built apache 2.0.44 against openssl-0.9.7 and then
a patch
came out for 0.9.7a (openssl), after make/make test/make install of
openssl, would I
need to rebuild the apache-2.0.44?

My concern is for the configuration files (httpd.conf/ssl.conf) and
certificates which have
already been made (and are working).

I am tempted to just try this on a test box to make sure no problems occur
before
hand.

Any ideas, folks?

-Bill

Re: [users@httpd] OpenSSL 0.9.7a + apache 2.0.44

Posted by Bill Parker <do...@netnevada.net>.
At 11:06 PM 2/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Bill Parker wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >       I have a question, if I built apache 2.0.44 against openssl-0.9.7
> and then
> > a patch
> > came out for 0.9.7a (openssl), after make/make test/make install of
> > openssl, would I
> > need to rebuild the apache-2.0.44?
> >
> > My concern is for the configuration files (httpd.conf/ssl.conf) and
> > certificates which have
> > already been made (and are working).
> >
> > I am tempted to just try this on a test box to make sure no problems occur
> > before
> > hand.
> >
> > Any ideas, folks?
>
>That would depend whether the files in question had been built
>statically, or dynamically. If statically, then, yes, you will need to
>recompile. If dynamically, then probably not.

When I did the configure for the machine in question, I did --with-ssl
(against the 0.9.7)

(i'm learning more about compiling apache), but since the machine in
question is a
production box, i've duplicated the setup on a test box, so i'll try it
there first :)

Posted by Erwien Samantha Y <ap...@cosinus.sederhana.or.id>.
On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 03:45, Bill Parker wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	I have a question, if I built apache 2.0.44 against openssl-0.9.7 and then
> a patch
> came out for 0.9.7a (openssl), after make/make test/make install of
> openssl, would I
> need to rebuild the apache-2.0.44?

Yes .., you have to rebuild your apache.

wIEn

Re: [users@httpd] OpenSSL 0.9.7a + apache 2.0.44

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--