Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org> on 2013/03/10 20:58:43 UTC

Wiki permissions changes

Hi All

Just to let everyone know that we've made some changes to permissions on the
Tika wiki, to hopefully avoid the recent repeated spam attacks on it.

As such, before you can make changes to the wiki (edit pages, create new ones
etc), your wiki user account needs to be added to the Contributors Groups. Once
added, you'll be able to make changes from then on. (This is the setup that
many ASF wikis now use)

So, if you would like to be able to make changes to the Tika wiki in the near
future, please reply to this email with your wiki username and we'll grant you
appropraite karma. In the future, anyone new needing karma for the wiki just
needs to drop an email to one of the lists with their wiki username, and we'll
add them in

Nick

Re: Wiki permissions changes

Posted by Mr Havercamp <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris

Thanks for trusting in my java programming skills. I'll see what I can
do and get back to you. Otherwise, I might try and get my Java dev to
look into it once time/costs isn't a factor.

I'll keep you updated as to our progress.

Cheers

Hayden

Posted by Mr Havercamp <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris

Posted by Mr Havercamp <mr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@gmail.com>.
Updated and fixed:

https://wiki.apache.org/tika/ContributorsGroup

Try now! :)

Chris Mattmann
chris.mattmann@gmail.com

Looking to edit the wiki. My username is HaydenYoung.

Cheers

Hayden