Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by frgrfg gfsdgffsd <ki...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/10/16 06:41:26 UTC

Field??

Hello all,

would someone be able to explain me somethings about the fields? The difference with a term? What is it used for? Can we define new ones? Why would we need to do so?

Thank you very much again,

Mat

Demandez à ceux qui savent sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Re: Field??

Posted by Ernesto De Santis <de...@yahoo.com.ar>.
Hi Mat

A Document is the unit to be indexed. A Document can be a File, for example.
A Document has zero, one or more Fields. A Field represent some Document
aspect: title, content, author, etc.
When a Document is indexed, the Fields have information, data to be
indexed. These are called Terms. Example: Title="my first book", you can
index it as three terms in the Field title. title:my title:first title:book.

Then you can search over title field.

Ernesto.

frgrfg gfsdgffsd escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> would someone be able to explain me somethings about the fields? The difference with a term? What is it used for? Can we define new ones? Why would we need to do so?
>
> Thank you very much again,
>
> Mat

> Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions !
> Demandez à ceux qui savent sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
> http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!