Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Varun Suresh <va...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/19 15:38:26 UTC

transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use

Always getting this error message while shutting down tomcat.

ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
["transport.c",L41]
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
["debugInit.c",L500]
JDWP exit error JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113): No transports initializedFATAL ERROR
in native method: JDWP No transports initialized,
jvmtiError=JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113)

These are my debug options

 -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=1111,server=y,suspend=n

I also tried

-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=1111

I have this entry in /etc/hosts too.

127.0.0.1 localhost

I use Jre-1.5.0_06 and apache-tomcat-6.0.13.

I tried this too;

 This is how i set them

   export JPDA_TRANSPORT="dt_socket"

   export JPDA_ADDRESS="1111"

   export JPDA_SUSPEND="n"

   export JPDA_OPTS="-Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=$JPDA_TRANSPORT,address=$JPDA_ADDRESS,server=y,suspend=$JPDA_SUSPEND"

   export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS $JPDA_OPTS"

I tired not giving $JPDA_OPTS to CATALINA_OPTS, but after that debugging
wasnt hapenning at all.

Anyone have any ideas on how to eliminate this error?