Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com> on 2005/10/10 19:33:58 UTC

Struts Bridge - Redirect from action

Hi all,

Jetspeed M3, Tomcat 5.0.28, Struts-Bridge is my environment. Now my website
is lets say --

www.abc.com

I have a form on my webpage. When that form is submitted, I want to do some
processing in my action, and then redirect to a completely different website
-

ww.xyz.com       which is totally different from my current website

It is important that I redirect to this "new website" from my action because
I need to do some processing in my action and based on that I need to pass
some parameters -- www.xyz.com?param1=val1&param2=val2

Is it possible to do this ? I tried doing this, but the portal always picks
it up ...

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Struts Bridge - Redirect from action

Posted by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Mahaveer,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a JSPPortlet.

And you are right. The the new window opens in the portlet environment with
decorators and everything. Now when you say use onload, the problem is I
dont have any html tags. They are in the decorator headers. The portlet only
renders content for that portlet and not for the entire HTML page ..

Any suggestions :-(

Posted by Mahaveer Jain <mj...@gmail.com>.
Amit,