Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2020/06/01 18:43:13 UTC

[snap][ide] How do one edit harness files on snap?

Until https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2153 is merged and released I
thought I would edit my own app.sh
in /snap/netbeans/29/netbeans/harness/launchers/.

Since everything below /snap is read-only, is it another way?

As a stab in the dark I
created /home/pata/snap/netbeans/29/netbeans/harness/launchers/app.sh
hoping it would be overlayed, but no such luck.

I also tried to change the options in 'NetBeans Platform Manager' but it's
only 'Harness supplied with IDE' that's enabled.

Could this be done using the nb ide snap or should I revert to the classic
binary?

/Patrik

Re: [snap][ide] How do one edit harness files on snap?

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
Thanks Dragan,
Even though I was unable to get it working, it helps knowing that it might
be a way forward, so I'll poke around a bit more.

Posted by Dragan Bjedov <dr...@gmail.com>.
I have setting for netebeans ide for my maven based plugin in
~/.m2/settings,xml
<profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>netbeans-ide</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
            <properties>

<netbeans.installation>/home/dragan/Programs/netbeans-11.3/netbeans</netbeans.installation>
            </properties>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

I assume same setting can be used for platform application.

Kind regards

суб, 6. јун 2020. у 10:13 Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> је написао/ла:

> Thanks,
> I did not find a downloadable platform so I used the 11.3 IDE binary
> instead.
> Patched and added it to "NetBeans Platforms".
>
> I was unable to find where to setup my maven based platform application to
> use this new platform.
> However, in an ant based one it was easy to discover in the GUI.
>
> Based on this and the following line in the platform.properties
> nbplatform.active=Apache_NetBeans_IDE_11.3patched
> I added this to my pom, without any luck though.
>
> <nbplatform.active>Apache_NetBeans_IDE_11.3patched</nbplatform.active>
>
> <netbeaans.platform>Apache_NetBeans_IDE_11.3patched</netbeaans.platform>
>
> Perhaps it should be set in the configuration of nbm-maven-plugin, but I
> could not figure it out.
>
> The question now is, How do I tell my maven based platform application to
> use this platform?
>
> /Patrik
>
> Den mån 1 juni 2020 kl 22:00 skrev Laszlo Kishalmi <
> laszlo.kishalmi@gmail.com>:
>
>> Well, Snap is read-only and always will be, this is one of it's beauty.
>>
>> If you need to develop against the platform you can download the
>> platform (or IDE binary) , then patch it there, and add the platform to
>> the platforms.
>>
>> When it is merged you could use the netbeans-dev Snap package which is
>> updated every Thursday from master.
>>
>> On 6/1/20 11:43 AM, Patrik Karlström wrote:
>> > Until https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2153 is merged and
>> > released I thought I would edit my own app.sh
>> > in /snap/netbeans/29/netbeans/harness/launchers/.
>> >
>> > Since everything below /snap is read-only, is it another way?
>> >
>> > As a stab in the dark I
>> > created /home/pata/snap/netbeans/29/netbeans/harness/launchers/app.sh
>> > hoping it would be overlayed, but no such luck.
>> >
>> > I also tried to change the options in 'NetBeans Platform Manager' but
>> > it's only 'Harness supplied with IDE' that's enabled.
>> >
>> > Could this be done using the nb ide snap or should I revert to the
>> > classic binary?
>> >
>> > /Patrik

MSc Dragan Bjedov

Re: [snap][ide] How do one edit harness files on snap?

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
Thanks,

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.