Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sumit Deshinge <su...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/22 02:57:12 UTC

Ever increasing Disk space for a cache in ignite storage directory

Hi,

We are using ignite 2.12 with persistence enabled along with full sync -
replicated mode.
There is a cache whose data ranges from few Kilobytes to few Megabytes.
Once a particular cache entry is worked upon, we remove that entry from
cache. The cache goes through a large number of reads/writes parallely.

But what we have observed is, the disk space utilized by the cache keeps on
increasing. I had expected the disk space to be reused - (deleted cache
entries disk partitions) for new cache entries being inserted , but this is
not happening.

Any reason for this behavior and any solution to avoid such problems?

Sumit Deshinge

Re: Ever increasing Disk space for a cache in ignite storage directory

Posted by Surinder Mehra <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
As per ignite docs, " It is reused when new entries need to be added to the
storage on subsequent write operations. Therefore, the allocated size does
not decrease when you remove entries from the caches  ".
Ignite devs can comment more on this.

https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/monitoring-metrics/metrics

Posted by Sumit Deshinge <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Surinder,