Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/13 14:51:36 UTC

Build queryserver with hbase 2.2.3 and phoenix 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT

Hi, phoenix team:
      I want to use phoenix query server and my hbase cluster version is
2.2.3. Now the query server was decoupled to a new git repo and only have
master branch. I checked the pom and found it's hbase dependency version is
1.4.10 and it's phoenix dependency version is 4.14.2-HBase-1.4. If i am not
wrong, it should not compatible with my hbase cluster (hbase 2.2.3 and
phoenix 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT)?. I changed some code and build with hbase 2.2.3
and phoenix 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT. If I want contribute the changes to the
queryserver repo, I should contribute it to which branch? Thanks.

Re: Build queryserver with hbase 2.2.3 and phoenix 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Guanghao Zhang,

The phoenix version that you specify is only used during tests, so it has
no effect on the server or client JAR built.
That said, it should compile with any recent phoenix branch, so thank you
for the patch. I've already merged it.

Istvan

--
*István Tóth* | Sr. Software Engineer