Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Patryk Kucharz <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/05 09:19:53 UTC

Karaf Cellar and Cave

Hello,

I would like to use Kallaf Cellar in version 2.3.2 but unfortunately, the
manual and sources are unavailable. When may they become available again?

Secondly, I like very much the idea of Cave subproject. It will be very
grateful if you can provide information when the first release can appear?

Thank you in advance for answers,
PK

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by vickyk <vi...@gmail.com>.
I got the answer by looking at the code, the implementation is not here
https://github.com/apache/karaf-cave <https://github.com/apache/karaf-cave>
However it is good to get opinion from community too, may be some one might
had already done it and is willing to contribute back, let me hear more from
community and then start implementing it.

Thanks,
Vicky

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by vickyk <vi...@gmail.com>.
I am constructing the Databased based Repository which I don't think exists
yet after reading the docs, I have yet to look at the code.
Let me explain what I am doing at higher lever.
I have got the business functionality ( primarily big data
ingestor/aggregators/egressors) which I am running on the osgi environment.
The functionality would be written  by the solution developers, I will
provide a platform as osgi. Needless to say that the solution developers
would have to adhere the API which I provide and the services that I write
as the services in osgi enviroment.
The plugins developers should put plugins(bundles) in the PluginRepostory
based on MySql. Developers would be developing the plugins, test it locally
and these plugins would be later stored in the Repository. I was recommended
by anierbeck(IRC id at Karaf IRC) to take a look Cave, and it seems to be
doing similar thing. The repository here is maven based and it seems the DB
based repository could be plugged in, however I am not yet sure if the
plugin for MySQL type is available or I will have to write.

>From here
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cave/latest/overview.html
<http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cave/latest/overview.html>
I find this statement
"As the Cave backend

is designed in a plugin way, you can implement your own backend (for
instance, JDBC or LDAP backend)."

Is this JDBC plugin developed or I will have to write it?

Later on I will have osgi cluster based on celler or gyrex or may write my
own.
The platform should detect the healthy osgi node to run the business
functionality, this was the solution would be ready for the SAAS model.

So please let me know about the status of the JDBC plugin for repository.
Let me meanwhile take a look at the code and see what it says.

Thanks,
Vicky

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update, I gonna double check but it's weird as I tested
it with Karaf 2.3.3.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by Patryk Kucharz <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean,

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Patryck,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by Patryk Kucharz <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean,

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Tang,

I appreciate your feedback guys, and really glad to see that there are
already some Cave users ;)

Thanks guys !

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave

Posted by Tang Yong <ta...@cn.fujitsu.com>.
JB

--
----------------------
Tang Yong

Nanjing Fujitsu NanDa Software Tec CO.,LTD
http://www.fujitsu.com/cn/fnst
Tel: +86-25-86630566-8310
Fax: +86-25-83317685

Re: Karaf Cellar and Cave