Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Flaherty <pf...@rampageinc.com> on 2010/03/23 18:45:41 UTC

How should "autoDeploy" be set for an exploded app ?

Hello,

I'm deploying a web app which happens to be ROOT. It is not a WAR
file but an exploded app.

My Host line is as follows :

<Host name="192.168.20.20" appBase="c:/company/myapps" debug="0"
unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true">
</Host>

The fact the I'm deploying it as an exploded app what should
"autoDeploy" be set to *ideally*.

The reason I write this is because we have made changes to the app
and even sometimes deleted the /conf/Catalina/192.168.20.20/ROOT.xml
and find out that the ROOT folder off of the appBase has been
completely deleted !!

I can't reproduce the scenario that causes the deletion but the
"autoDeploy" attribute has piqued my curiosity.

Thanks

Re: How should "autoDeploy" be set for an exploded app ?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 23/03/2010 18:55, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Patrick Flaherty [mailto:pflahrty@rampageinc.com]
>> Subject: Re: How should "autoDeploy" be set for an exploded app ?
>>
>> It happened with Tomcat 6.0.20.
>
> There have been some changes in deployment checking since 6.0.20, but Mark T's memory would probably be a better source for a definitive statement than my wandering through the diffs.

I'd expect deleting context.xml to result in deletion of the WAR and
directory. That said, I am awae there are some inconsistencies and I
have reviewing behaviour vs. docs on my todo list.

Mark

RE: How should "autoDeploy" be set for an exploded app ?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Patrick Flaherty [mailto:pflahrty@rampageinc.com]
> Subject: Re: How should "autoDeploy" be set for an exploded app ?
>
> It happened with Tomcat 6.0.20.

There have been some changes in deployment checking since 6.0.20, but Mark T's memory would probably be a better source for a definitive statement than my wandering through the diffs.

 - Chuck

Re: How should "autoDeploy" be set for an exploded app ?

Posted by Patrick Flaherty <pf...@rampageinc.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.