Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Brian <bm...@erpinternational.com> on 2013/03/07 20:59:04 UTC

jquery-ui-calendar browser/scrolling problem

I am using the com.googlecode.wicket-jquery-ui Calendar.

<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657090/TopOfScreen.png>

As you can see in the image above, the browser window is scrolled all the
way to the top. The red circle represents where the cursor has clicked on
the screen. In this case, I have clicked the cell containg the 23rd of March
and it has correctly been highlighted and it's onDayClick method has fired.

My problem comes when I scroll down on the browser window.

<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657090/ScrolledDownSlightly.png>

As you can see in the image above, I have scrolled down the browser window
slightly. Again the red circle represents where the cursor has clicked on
the screen, except now the calendar day below where I click has been
highlighted and it's onDayClick method has fired.

Also the further I scroll down the browser window, the further off my my
mouse click is treated as shown in the image below.

<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657090/ScrolledDownFurther.png>

The distance I scroll down the browser window seems to be directly related
to how far off the calendar interprets my click to be. So in the above
image, clicking anywhere in the bottow two rows will not highlight anything.
It's about midway up on the "17-23" row that will acknowledge the click and
incorrectly hightlight the cell in the bottom row.

I should also note that this problem exist only on the calendar day cells,
so even if I scroll down the browser window, clicking the "today", "previous
month", and "next month" buttons works as expected.

Any ideas on what might be the cause of this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

By the way I'm using jquery-ui-calendar-1.4.0 and wicket 1.5

Thanks

Re: jquery-ui-calendar browser/scrolling problem

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

What browser are you using?
Are you able to reproduce it here for instance?
http://www.7thweb.net/wicket-jquery-ui/calendar/ExtendedCalendarPage

I would think that it's an issue in the jQuery calendar plugin
(fullcalendar.js), but I don't see any reported related issue about that...
http://code.google.com/p/fullcalendar/issues/list (but there is many...)

Adam Shaw, the owner of fullcalendar seems to be highly back on the project
after a long freeze period. He will perform a new release will a lot of
fixes soon...

Thanks & best regards,
Sebastien.