Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Raymond <pp...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/09 17:15:36 UTC

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "Could not find an adaptor for class mypackage.MyClass"

Hi,

I find that whenever I try to pass an object of custom class as Tapestry component parameters which in theory accept any Object / Object[], Collection types (e.g. Table source, Foreach source) etc I get this error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "Could not find an adaptor for class mypackage.MyClass"

When I change it back to ordinary Java types then the problem goes away. Does it mean that custom classes cannot be bound to Tapestry component parameters?

Thanks for help.
Raymond

RE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "Could not find an adaptor for class mypackage.MyClass"

Posted by dw...@vigilantms.com.
I use an array of a custom class for a table (source="ognl:amdata") .

Am[] amdata;  (Am is serializable).

The following is the parameter specification.

<property-specification name="amData" type="java.lang.reflect.Array"/>