Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2006/09/23 00:21:06 UTC

how best to describe regression test bugs to enable the "automatic" tool in the sun test suite to work?

Can anyone describe the best way to report regression test failures so
that the tool that produces the following report will pick it up:

http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Failures/TinderBox-10.1/448426.html

For this issue I reported DERBY-1871 for the specific diff, but I
probably have not described it in a way the tool can find.  I would be
happy to update the jira description, but just looking for some hints
on what it is looking for.

Re: how best to describe regression test bugs to enable the "automatic" tool in the sun test suite to work?

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Thanks, I thought maybe you just somehow searched open bugs for the
test failure name.  The matching by diff sounds great.  If whatever
you come up with doesn't just automatically work with the info provided,
I hope that you think about making the process open so that others can
help categorize existing regression failures so that your tool can
pick them up.

I do hope at some point you can contribute the technology that matches
up failures with JIRA cases.  I would really like it if I could run my
nightly tests on my latest change and see a report similar the to great
reports provided in the tinderbox reporting.

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway