Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by irun5k <ir...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/09 02:53:56 UTC

JBoss- recommended?

I've been trying to get 3.0 M2 to work under JBoss.  After following
instructions for the deployer, I see this error:
WARN  [org.apache.servicemix.jbi.management.ManagementContext] (error
message stating port 1099 is already in use)

Ignoring this warning, I tried to deploy the loan broker example.  I built
it and deployed and realized I also needed to deploy the lightweight
container so I did that as well.   After then trying to deploy the loan
broker, I get a stack trace a mile long.  If I had to guess at the root
cause, I might suspect "Could not connect to broker URL:
tcp://localhost:61616."  Also, "Could not deploy xbean service unit" is
embedded in some XML which is part of the stacktrace.

So, I have a couple questions-
(1) Any idea what I've done wrong- do I need the JMS component?  In this
configuration will ServiceMix use the JMS stack from JBoss, or does it want
its own?

(2) I get the feeling I'm going the wrong direction in general.  There is
very little documentation on JBoss + ServiceMix and no end-to-end tutorials.
It makes me think I'm swimming up river.  Are most people using SM stand
alone, via Geronimo, or what?  I also need a portal server too which is why
JBoss AS + JBoss Portal + ServiceMix sounded like a tight package.  However
this is a brand new project so I'm open to suggestions if someone has a
better solution for a Portal Server + Web Container + ServiceMix.

Thanks,
Brian
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: JBoss- recommended?

Posted by irun5k <ir...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Bruce,

I'm using Java 1.5.

Thanks

Re: JBoss- recommended?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: JBoss- recommended?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 9/11/06, pradeep <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Philips,
>
> I am getting error
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/servicemix/trunk/jboss-deployer'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/servicemix/trunk/jboss-deployer': could not connect to
> server (http://svn.codehaus.org)
>
> What is wrong?

Pradeep, I'm not sure why you're experiencing that error because I
just performed the checkout myself and it succeeded. Are you possibly
required to use a proxy server in your environment? If so the
instructions for telling the Subversion client to use that proxy
server are here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.html

At any rate, I just fixed an issue in the JBoss Deployer and checked
it in after testing it, so I know the it works correctly.

Bruce
);'

Re: JBoss- recommended?

Posted by pradeep <pr...@gmail.com>.