Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/16 16:13:45 UTC

[M2] Deploy question

Hi,

I was able to succesfully deploy some files to our internal repository
but I would like now to be able to copy the ear archive to a custom
remote directory without all the standard Maven directory structure.
Our J2EE container checks regulary the directory for new files and if
one is found, the archive is automatically deployed. I would like this
step to be binded to the deploy lifecycle phase.

Should I develop a new plugin, use the antrun plugin or extend the
deploy plugin? Any suggestions ?

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: [M2] Deploy question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
jboss:harddeploy does not need a username/password/url. It simply
copies the files from the source/build directories in the hard drive
of the build machine the Jboss deploy folder, and depends on Jboss to
autodeploy it.

Take a look at the plugin page:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jboss-maven-plugin/

"jboss:harddeploy => Hard deploys the file by copying it to the
$JBOSS_HOME/server/[serverName]/deploy directory "

Sounds like you are looking for jboss:deploy perhaps, which deploys
your EAR using JMX? You need to provide more details to that plugin
goal.

Wayne

Re: [M2] Deploy question

Re: [M2] Deploy question

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Forget it, I found what I was looking for in the JBoss:harddeploy
goal. I will just developp a similar plugin exclusive to our
environment.

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada