Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robin Lee <te...@uls.com> on 2001/10/05 18:54:34 UTC

Excel Problem

There doesn't seem to be a lot of requests about this problem that I am
having with Tomcat.

I am running tomcat 4, with jdk1.31_01.

I have an Excel file (called ULSExcel in the odbc source) as a default file.
I was able to change it so that when i copy the default file to a new file
name (LoginID.xls), i can change the file it refers to in the ULSExcel to
the new file (ULSExcel;dbq=LoginID.xls).  This has worked previously with
tomcat 323 as well as JWS.  This is the error I get.

Here's the set of the data source name:
"ULSExcel;dbq=" + excelFile + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=false"

Here's another variation i tried...
"{Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};dbq=" + excelFile +
";DriverID=22;READONLY=false"
And here's the error I get in both cases.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

If I just use "ULSExcel" as my data source name, I get no problems
whatsoever.  It saves it to the default file.  Which is not what I wish to
do.

Considering the fact that this DID work prior to tomcat 4, does anyone have
any idea why this happened, or if there is another way to try and get this
to work?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

...Robin Lee
tech_support@uls.com