Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Daniel, Matthew" <md...@amazon.com> on 2002/11/08 03:25:58 UTC

What happened to DBConnection class

Hello all,
Turbine 2.1 had org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection but 2.2-rc1 does not?  Any ideas what happened to it or what class I should be using in its stead?  What should I be reading to migrate a 2.1 application to 2.2?
Thank you in advance,
Matt

Re: What happened to DBConnection class

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@telerama.com>.
I do not think you should use java.sql.Connection

It will work, but application server frameworks and application servers
usually provide a pooled datasource, and this is what  the
org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection  was, a pooled connection
resource.

What you want to do is to use a "Datasource"
Usually, by looking in the application server's jndi tree, you can get a
Datasource a
With the Datasource, you can obtain a connection object.

Look to see if Tomcat has a pooled datasource.

Java Plugin

Posted by Angus <an...@atn.com.hk>.
Hi, I am using TDK 2.2.  When I try to load an applet
in my project, the browser always complains "Bad
Magic Number".  I found in the mail archive that
I need to set up the page to load the java plug-in.
Can anybody give me a hint on this?

My envirnoment:
1.    Suse 8.0 + JDK v1.4.0 + TDK 2.2 + JBuilder 6 + KDE 3.0
2.    The applet can run properly in apache (in the same machine),
        so I don't think the class file is corrupted.
3.    I can run the applet (with Java Plugin) with KConq. & Netscape 7.

Thank in advance

Best Regards
Angus
(remove "nospam" in email address to get real address)

Re: What happened to DBConnection class

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Daniel, Matthew wrote:
> Hello all,
> Turbine 2.1 had org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection but 2.2-rc1 does not?  Any ideas what happened to it or what class I should be using in its stead?  What should I be reading to migrate a 2.1 application to 2.2?
> Thank you in advance,
> Matt

The connection pool is part of torque now ...

look at:

Torque.getConnection()
Torque.closeConnection()

martin