Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/14 03:59:54 UTC

Observation from the Peanut Gallery

All,

Would it be possible to distribute a preconfigured instance of Jetty or Tomcat with OODT to help eliminate the confusing configuration process? I think that a preconfigured setup just to get you up and running would be *very* helpful. I have tried several times to get everything going and I am nearly there but it's been a rough ride to say the least. Other projects do this in order to help streamline the initial setup and evaluation of the technology...

Any thoughts on this?

Adam

Re: Observation from the Peanut Gallery

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Adam, your contributions, rocket scientist or not ^_^, are most certainly appreciated!

On Feb 16, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Adam Estrada wrote:

> I spent a few minutes last night working through integrating Jetty as
> part of the build but there is a bunch of crap to remove from the
> Jetty build so figuring out which components are actually needed is
> going to be the real challenge. My intent is to get the entire
> application running directly out of the maven build directory sort of
> like how Solr works right now with their example configuration. Not
> all of us are rocket scientists, ya know ;-)
>
> Adam
>

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Cameron Goodale <go...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Adam,
>>
>> My efforts have been focused largely on getting some of the cas components
>> documented thoroughly.  My current component of interest is CAS Workflow,
>> but I have also used the CAS FileManager and CAS Crawler on projects in the
>> past with great success.
>>
>> My thought is that the 3 components I have listed do not depend on or use
>> Tomcat or Jetty in their standard config, so at  best I will increase the
>> documentation surrounding Setup and config.
>>
>> I hope that when I have the docs published, you are willing to go through
>> them and provide feedback.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Cameron
>>
>> Sent from a Tin Can attached to a String
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Adam Estrada <estrada.adam.groups@gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to distribute a preconfigured instance of Jetty or
>>> Tomcat with OODT to help eliminate the confusing configuration process? I
>>> think that a preconfigured setup just to get you up and running would be
>>> *very* helpful. I have tried several times to get everything going and I am
>>> nearly there but it's been a rough ride to say the least. Other projects do
>>> this in order to help streamline the initial setup and evaluation of the
>>> technology...
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on this?
>>>
>>> Adam

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.