Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Ying Jiang <jp...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/02 12:04:20 UTC

Re: [GSoC 2013] jena-spatial

Hi,

(for a weekly report)
1. solr support for jena-spatial

(for the current week)
1. migration from google code to jena svn trunk
2. documentation in jena website

I've just compared the work so far with the original project plan.
Here are the list of the project scopes in the plan and the
evaluations:
--
1. Spatial Data Indexer: done with spatialindexer
2. Spatial Property Functions

There're also some jobs done, which are not in the orginal plan:
- solr support of jena-spatial
- distance measurement units support of spatial:nearby

For the project progress, the orders of some parts have been adjusted:
* the implementations of the 2. Spatial Propery Functions are ahead of schedule
* the job of 1. Spatial Data Indexer should be the first job according
to the plan, But I completed it after 2 Spatial Propery Functions.
* the unit tests before the mid-term evaluation are delayed.

As a summary, the project has been going well. The code has been put
into jena trunk.

The remaining work should be the documentation on the website, fixing
bugs, integrating into the Jena build and some promotion of the work.

Cheers,
Ying Jiang

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 26/08/13 06:45, Ying Jiang wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> Thanks for your help! I can make it now with Fuseki 0.2.8-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> (for a weekly report)
>> 1. test assembler with fuseki 0.2.8-snapshot
>> 2. spatial indexing command line tools
>>
>> (for the current week)
>> 1. solr support for jena-spatial
>

> I'm keeping an eye on the timescale.
>
> Getting the code into Apache and getting the document into the jena website (staging) are important.  To make sure they get done, could you please aim to get them done sooner rather than later (I'm not a leave-until-the-minute person!).
>
> Also, could you please evaluate progress against the project plan and give an overall status report.  We can then see how much time remains and plan that out.
>
> I'll take a look at the legal side of NOTICE and LICENSE files.
>
>         Andy
>

>> Best regards,
>> Ying Jiang

>>> Hi there -
>>>
>>> jene-text isn't in 0.2.7 (the last release, aligned to Jena 2.10.1)
>>>
>>> It is in Fuseki 0.2.8-SNAPSHOT (jena 2.10.2 aligned):
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/**content/repositories/**
>>> snapshots/org/apache/jena/**jena-fuseki/0.2.8-SNAPSHOT/**

Re: [GSoC 2013] jena-spatial

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
> (for the current week)
> 1. wrap things up
> 2. prepare and submit final evaluation of GSoC project

We're into the wrap-up period now and things seem fairly wrapped up.
The release of Jena 2.11.0 included jena-spatial, and it's part of the
Fuseki server jar as well.  It's now down to the users to use it :-)

Thank you very much for so smoothly getting this module into Jena,

	Andy

Re: [GSoC 2013] jena-spatial

Posted by Ying Jiang <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

(for a weekly report)
1. documentation in jena website (solr support documenatation)
2. prepare release

Re: [GSoC 2013] jena-spatial

Posted by Ying Jiang <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,