Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2002/10/21 06:43:23 UTC

SGML versus XML Catalogs [was: XML validation during Cocoon build]

    David> We could. However, proper support for Entity Catalogs is
    David> not yet in Ant.

I noticed that! Incidentally, I notice that you are still using the
OASIS SGML catalog format, rather than the far more powerful XML
catalog format (the resolver supports both transparently). Has this
issue been discussed before (I can't find it in the archives)?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: SGML versus XML Catalogs [was: XML validation during Cocoon build]

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     David> We could. However, proper support for Entity Catalogs is
>     David> not yet in Ant.
>
> I noticed that! Incidentally, I notice that you are still using the
> OASIS SGML catalog format, rather than the far more powerful XML
> catalog format (the resolver supports both transparently). Has this
> issue been discussed before (I can't find it in the archives)?

In Forrest, both types of catalogs are maintained in parallel, IIRC. So
switching between both should be trivial.

</Steven>