Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by qingjian du <qd...@netpcs.com> on 2001/04/11 19:28:21 UTC

Installation problem of tomcat 3.1 with JBuilder 4.0, 3.5

Hi all,

I have already installed  JBuilder 3.5 in my machine(WinNT), and when I
install tomcat 3.1, I follow the instruction found in this URL:

But when I started up the tomcat on JBuilder by clicking the "run"
button, I got the following error message:

"Unable to start runtime due to incomplete configration".

Actually I tried with JBuilder 4.0, the same thing I got.

Here are my particular questions regarding the configuration of tomcat
with JBuilder:

1. When I unziped the binary and source code to the same directory of
"jakarta-tomcat" at the root, I found the source default path is
jakarta-tomcat-3.1src. So I have to extract to two directory and than
copy to required directory. Is that right?

2. In the installation instruction, there is one sentence: "This section
assumes that JBuilder was installed to the default directory suggested
during installation, and that Tomcat was unzipped to the root directory
as suggested above. " I installed jbuilder in drive F, but my default
directory suggested during installation is drive D, does that make
difference?

3. I also tried tomcat 3.2, when I trid to add library from
F:/jakarta-tomcat/bin, I cannot find all that four jar files.

I am really frustrated for tomcat installation with jbuilder, anyone can
give me an answer, I am appriciate your help very much.

Thanks.

Qingjian Du