Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/04/08 14:56:00 UTC

Re: [m2]Is Plugin associated with Packaging but type is used for dependency?

package to type mappings are predefined in maven-artifact's
components.xml, however any plugin can provide it's own through the
extensions mechanism, which I believe you were using in the other rar
example. The first part of your email is completely correct in how it works.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
That's good. I will implement it that way then.

Cheers,
Stéphane

On 4/10/06, Jian.Wu <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephane,
>
> I just reveiwed MEAR-26, it should solve my problem. And, I assume that
> the value of "mapping" element could be any standard j2ee component
> type like ejb and war.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Jian

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m2]Is Plugin associated with Packaging but type is used for dependency?

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jian,

Just to be sure that I fully undestood your problem; could you please
confirm that http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEAR-26 would solve this
problem?

Thanks,
Stéphane

On 4/9/06, Jian.Wu <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply!
>
> I followed the "Introduction to the Build Lifecycle" and created "my-rar"
> package and
> I had problem using "my-rar" with maven-ear-plugin. At first, I thought it
> is the problem
> of dependency resolution of maven. Later on, I realized that it is
> maven-ear-plugin
> could not recognize "my-rar" type. So, I end up create "my-ear" package to
> resolve
> it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jian

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m2]Is Plugin associated with Packaging but type is used for dependency?