Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/22 08:15:30 UTC

Vote: Release 2.0

Hi,

almost two weeks after the proposal

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-xmlrpc-dev/200504.mbox/%3c425ADA29.9030103@gmail.com%3e

and one week after

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-xmlrpc-dev/200504.mbox/%3c4260274C.7010403@gmail.com%3e

my question, whether there are still issues open, I get the
impression, that there are none.

Accordingly, I hereby call for a vote on the release of 2.0, following
the proposal at

    http://wiki.apache.org/ws/XML-RPC/2.0ReleasePlan

[ ] Hannes Wallnoefer
[ ] Daniel Rall
[ ] Jon Scott Stevens
[ ] Jason van Zyl
[ ] Leonard Richarson
[ ] John Wilson
[ ] Ryan Hoegg
[ ] Andrew Evers
[ ] Henri Gomez
[ ] Siegfried Goeschl

Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
+1 from me

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@collab.net>.

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Ok commit on the fly

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Got Eclipse and patience :)

Ok for such header :

/*
 * Copyright 1999,2005 The Apache Software Foundation.
 *
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi folks,

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi John,

Technically your are right but I more appreciate the input of an active
contributor that an inactive committer/pmc .... :-)

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 4/22/05, John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk> wrote:

>         I believe that somebody tried to give me commit Karma a few years ago
> but I never received or signed an Apache agreement and I was never able
> to actually commit to CVS. I suspect I'm one of the "undead" ;)

John,

I have myself been an Apache committer without signing anything for
years. I have finally signed a CLA one year ago or so, because people
have asked me to.

Whether you do sign or not, that is something you have to resolve with
the ASF. My personal opinion is, that you should sign before
committing anything the next time. But, regardless of that, the rules
are as follows: If the project members (aka committers) choose you as
a new project member (which obviously they have done in the past),
then you are. What formal rules have been followed or not, doesn't
really matter today.

Jochen

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:29 +0100, John Wilson wrote:
> On 22 Apr 2005, at 10:24, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>

> > John,
> >
> > according to
> >
> >     http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
> >
> > youn *are* a committer.
> >

> Jochen,
>
> 	I believe that somebody tried to give me commit Karma a few years ago
> but I never received or signed an Apache agreement and I was never able
> to actually commit to CVS. I suspect I'm one of the "undead" ;)

John, you are definitely a committer to the XML-RPC project.  Your user
name is "jwilson" (verified existing on the CVS server), and you have no
CLA on file.  An individual CLA is necessary to exercise your commit
privileges.  Please read:

http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html

You can find the CLA here:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Please email me directly if you have any questions, or need any action
taken (note that a faxed CLA sometimes takes a while to process).

Re: Vote: Release 2.0

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
On 22 Apr 2005, at 10:24, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> John,
>
> according to
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>
> youn *are* a committer.