Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Zhan, Jimmy" <jz...@casham.com> on 2007/01/25 20:38:15 UTC

HTTP PUT - HOW TO CONFIG?

Hi,

Is there any directive to handle HTTP PUT, like in the apache for tomcat
(5.5)?

In Apache I can using a directive such as:

# A CGI PUT handler
Script PUT /cgi-bin/put.cgi

Questions:

1.	If I have a put.pl ready to use, how to config in tomcat to let
put.pl handle all request of HTTP/HTTPS PUT? (HTTPS is ready to be
used).
2.	I want to put all upload files under directory of
$CATALINA_HOME/wepalls/incoming/, how to config?
3.	Is there any sample put.pl perl program can be learned?

Thanks

Jimmy Zhan

Cash America

RE: HTTP PUT - HOW TO CONFIG?

Posted by Robert Harper <ro...@iat-cti.com>.
 "Maybe the TC mailing list has a good reputation. ;)"
Very good point.

Re: HTTP PUT - HOW TO CONFIG?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: HTTP PUT - HOW TO CONFIG?

Posted by Robert Harper <ro...@iat-cti.com>.
Bad day for me, you are very correct. It should be the doPut() method.

>From another post, I am very confused why he is trying to use Tomcat. He
seems to want to redirect everything to PL script so why not just use a web
server to redirect. It doesn't seem to be a good use for a Java servlet/JSP
container.

Robert S. Harper
Senior Engineer
Information Access Technology, Inc.
1100 East 6600 South, Suite 300
Salt Lake City Utah USA 84121-7411
(801)265-8800 Ext. 255
FAX (801)265-8880

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, or action taken
upon this information by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited by law. If you received this communication in error, please
contact us immediately at 801-265-8800. Although this e-mail and any
attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that anything received or opened
is virus free. No responsibility is accepted by IAT for any loss or damage
in the event that such a virus or defect exists.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: HTTP PUT - HOW TO CONFIG?

Posted by Robert Harper <ro...@iat-cti.com>.
If I understand your question correctly and you are using servlets to handle
web requests, just override the HTTPServlet.doPost() method. Put your code
to handle the put in there.