Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/10/10 17:37:17 UTC

FYI: New input module - FallbackModule

Hi Lenya developers,

I'm committing a new input module, the FallbackModule.
It works as follows:

You can specify a path relatively to webapps/lenya/lenya, e.g.,

     <map:transform src="{fallback:xslt/style.xsl}"/>

The module looks if the file exists in the current
publication, i.e.

     lenya/pubs/{pub-id}/lenya/xslt/style.xsl

If yes, it returns the path within the publication,
if no, it returns the path within the core.

Andreas

Re: FYI: New input module - FallbackModule

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> I'm committing a new input module, the FallbackModule.
> It works as follows:
>
> You can specify a path relatively to webapps/lenya/lenya, e.g.,
>
>     <map:transform src="{fallback:xslt/style.xsl}"/>
>
> The module looks if the file exists in the current
> publication, i.e.
>
>     lenya/pubs/{pub-id}/lenya/xslt/style.xsl
>
> If yes, it returns the path within the publication,
> if no, it returns the path within the core.

I guess this allows us to get rid of the many "resource-exists"
statements, right?

I actually wanted to dicuss the idea of "inherited pipelines" at the
Cocoon GetTogether, but kind
of forgot about it.

I will try to come up with a RT on the Cocoon mailing list within the
next couple of days.

There are also more issues which I would like start to discuss, e.g.

Lenya 2.0: Merging ideas and visions

and

Managing the Cocoon and Lenya documentation with Lenya, which was
pointed out nicely by Stefano at the Cocoon GetTogether

... but I need to get some sleep first ;-)

Thanks

Michael