Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/31 01:28:36 UTC

Attempting to create a panelTabbedPane with subviews

I am trying to create a tabbed site and each tab I want to be a subview
page, then eventually use AJAX to update the data for the current tab.
But I keep getting:

16:01:24,583 ERROR [ViewTag] Error writing endDocument
java.io.IOException: Illegal to flush within a custom tag

16:01:24,630 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces
Servlet threw exception
javax.faces.FacesException: Exception in JSP: /views/main.jsp:57

54:                 label="Home Page for TRO"
55:                 style="width:100%">
56:             <f:subview id="homeview">
57:                 <jsp:include page="registration/page3.jsp" flush="false"
/>
58:             </f:subview>
59:         </t:panelTab>
60:

    <t:panelTabbedPane bgcolor="#fffffc"
                       selectedIndex="0"
                       serverSideTabSwitch="false"

activeTabStyleClass="googleHouse_panelTabbedPane_activeHeaderCell"
                       tabContentStyleClass="googleHouse_panelTabbedPane"

activeSubStyleClass="googleHouse_panelTabbedPane_subHeaderCell_active"

                       inactiveTabStyleClass="CSSClass"
                       disabledTabStyleClass="CSSClass"
                       inactiveSubStyleClass="CSSClass">

        <%-- =======================================================--%>
        <%-- Home Page Tab --%>
        <%-- =======================================================--%>
        <%--
            This is the Home page tab
        --%>
        <t:panelTab
                id="Home"
                label="Home Page for TRO"
                style="width:100%">
            <f:subview id="homeview">
                <jsp:include page="registration/page3.jsp" flush="false" />
            </f:subview>
        </t:panelTab>

        <%-- =======================================================--%>
        <%-- Artists Tab --%>
        <%-- =======================================================--%>
        <%--
            This is the Home page tab
        --%>
        <t:panelTab
                id="artists"
                label="Artists of TRO"
                style="width:100%">

            <h:form>
                <h:outputText value="This works, but I want the tab to
update, instead of moving to another page"/>
                <h:commandLink action="#{UserBackingBean}">
                    <h:outputText value="Register Now"/>
                </h:commandLink>
            </h:form>

        </t:panelTab>

    </t:panelTabbedPane>

Page3:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t" %>

<f:view>
    <h:form>
        <h:outputText value="This works, but I want the tab to update,
instead of moving to another page"/>
        <h:commandLink action="#{RegistrationBackingBean}">
            <h:outputText value="Register Now"/>
        </h:commandLink>
    </h:form>
</f:view>

--

Thanks

DJ MICK
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson

Re: Attempting to create a panelTabbedPane with subviews

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

in your page composition the f:view tag is the problem. It is only
allowed (and reasonable)
to put *one* view tag around your page. And this entry point must come
before all other jsf-tags (means all other tags must be embedded
inside the view tag).

In case of included pages, the subview-tag is put into practice.

So, only remove the view-tag on all places apart from the outer one,
and the thing sould run.

cheers,

Gerald

http://www.irian.at