Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Peter Matulis <pe...@yahoo.ca> on 2004/12/08 01:54:54 UTC

verifying DNSBLs

How can I verify whether my system is really using DNSBLs?  From what I have read all I need to
do is install Net::DNS.  I have read as well that if the filtering gateway is running a local
nameserver that it should not be pointing to itself otherwise the DNSBLs mechanism will fail.
And is there any difference in performance between implementing them via SA or the MTA?  Thank you.

Re: verifying DNSBLs

Posted by Morris Jones <mo...@whiteoaks.com>.
Peter Matulis wrote:
> How can I verify whether my system is really using DNSBLs?

If it's using them, many of your spams will show up with BL tests
hitting in the header.

You can also take a nice juicy spam and feed it to spamassassin with the
-D flag and watch the trace messages.

Best regards,
Mojo
--