Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Charles Robertson <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/16 14:28:09 UTC

DataNode not recognising available disk space

Hi all,

I've added a new slave node to my cluster with a (single) larger disk size
(100Gb) than on the other nodes. However, Amabri is reporting a total of
8.6 Gb disk space. lsblk correctly reports the disk size.

Does anyone why this might be? As I understand things you need to tell HDFS
how much space *not* to use, and it will use what it needs from the rest.

(BTW this is not the same data node in my other question on this list,
"Cannot start DataNode after adding new volume.")

Thanks,
Charles

Re: DataNode not recognising available disk space

Posted by Charles Robertson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately that's not the problem - the new
slave node has a single drive, so is using the default data directory path.
I'll post this to the Ambari list.

Regards,
Charles

Posted by Charles Robertson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

Posted by Charles Robertson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

Posted by Charles Robertson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Charles,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: DataNode not recognising available disk space

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Charles,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: DataNode not recognising available disk space

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Charles,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: DataNode not recognising available disk space

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Charles,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE