Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rohit Bahl <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/14 18:32:42 UTC

Advisory Message support in Multi - Broker environment

I have a multi broker environment. i.e.
MessageProducer application connected to Broker1 and
MessageConsumer application connected to Broker2
I have enabled multicast between the two brokers.
MessageProducer writes to a queue and MessageConsumer reads from the queue.

I see messages appearing in MessageConsumer application when I post an
message from the MessageProducer application

In the MessageProducer application I also have a consumer to the destination
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.
I use this listener to detect if a consumer is connected or gets
disconnected.

What I have observed is that I received the consumer advisory message when a
consumer connects, but
I do not receive an message when the consumer disconnects.

However, if I use a single broker for the MessageProducer and
MessageConsumer
I get the message when the consumer disconnects.

Kindly help.

Re: Advisory Message support in Multi - Broker environment

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
Hi,

I tried your case but it works fine on me. Can you upload your code/config
so i can look into it as to where the problem was originating.

Regards,
Marlon