Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <ha...@apache.org> on 2016/08/29 12:28:50 UTC

Fwd: Bronze Sponsors -links to other than sponsor homepage

Sorry for the cross post. The claim below applies to 3 bronze sponsors.
I while ago I read carefully a few documents like the one linked [1]
below (skimmed through again) and I don't remember finding anything to
legally support the claim made by Miikka.

Could I please get help with an authoritative legal answer?

Thanks,
Hadrian

[1] https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopici00.pdf

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
I'd have thought the issue is that the charitable contribution is getting
'value' in kind (the advertisement). Though that assumes the entity
donating is treating it as a charitable contribution.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.