Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2007/12/12 06:01:19 UTC

[Axis2] rampart encryption and multiple clients

Hi,

To use rampart encryption, the service needs an <encryptionUser> setting.
But how can this
work if there can be multiple clients? Ideally this setting should be
modifiable at runtime. If
this is possible, how?

However, this won't solve the whole problem as it still needs the
certificate for the client.
Currently it must be in the keystore (for the Merlin provider). This won't
work if the client
is unknown (being unknown is fine as long as the certificate can be verified
by a trusted
CA). Is rampart designed to be used for known/fixed clients only?

Thanks!

-----
--
Kent Tong
Wicket tutorials freely available at http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDW

Re: [Axis2] rampart encryption and multiple clients

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Nunny wrote:

> Hi Kent,
>
>> This won't work if the client
>> is unknown (being unknown is fine as long as the certificate can be
>> verified
>> by a trusted CA). Is rampart designed to be used for known/fixed clients
>> only?
>
> No, Rampart can be used in this kind of scenario. You have to set the
> encryption user as
>
> <encryptionUser>useReqSigCert</encryptionUser>.
>
> Then the certificate used to sign the request message will be used to
> encrypt the response message.
> If the certificate is not in the key store it has to be sent with the
> request as a binary token (according
> token inclusion property of the security token defined in the security
> policy).

I see. Thanks!

-----

Posted by yueyue <wy...@mailbox.gxnu.edu.cn>.
thanks very much, Nunny. i understand what  you mean  .:handshake:

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi  yueyue,

Posted by yueyue <wy...@mailbox.gxnu.edu.cn>.
Hi Nunny,