Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@techie.com> on 2000/11/02 10:16:34 UTC

Virtual Hosting... with 3.2beta6

Hi,

In the tomcat-apache howto, it describes a means of having virtual hosts with 1 JVM using this version tomcat.

...but the example server.xml it gives is actually the excerpt from the apache config repeated.

I can't see it fixed in CVS - is there an example somewhere?

I am trying to do name-based virtual hosts - the example tags in the supplied server.xml seem to be doing IP based virtual hosts - so are there supported?

Thanks,
Chris
---
"surely it is madness to accept life as it is and not as it could be"
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

Re: Virtual Hosting... with 3.2beta6

Posted by Dave <fu...@flashmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

You are not alone, I have the same problem too,  I followed the how-to
to setup my virtual host, I found there is a session descriping
virtualhost in server.xml, but the syntax is not the same as the
example in the how-to, I think this features is not yet ready for this

version.

Dave

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000 04:16:34 -0500 (EST), you wroth: