Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/26 08:38:35 UTC

custom hbase shell commands

hi,

i am using hbase 0.94.10, Distribution: Apache
i am working on jruby scripts to create custom hbase  command.

I want to know whether I can create a custom hbase command similar to
already available scan, put commands.. I have a sample jruby script,
client.rb that outputs the Row ID and Value by taking Tablename, Family,
Limit as input. I can find the ruby scripts of other default commands like
scan.rb, put.rb, in $HBASE_HOME/src/main/ruby/shell folder.
i don't understand how the shell is designed.

can someone explain me the architecture of shell, and which file to edit to
create a custom command.

thanks,
yeshwanth

Re: custom hbase shell commands

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
bcc : user@
cc : dev@

During startup shell loads the commands from shell/commands/* [1] and calls
appropriate command when invoked [2].

[1] https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/0.94/src/main/ruby/shell.rb#L42
[2] https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/0.94/src/main/ruby/shell.rb#L110

--