Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by colorblind <an...@webanana.com> on 2003/04/18 16:13:12 UTC

using realm in a servlet

hy there,
     is there any way to use a context realm in a servlet to
authenticate a user?

i.e. i use form authentication (can't use the basic one); i need to
write a servlet that is out of realm restrictions (it has to be called
from an applet that can't do form authentication) but must validate user
and password.

my idea is to get a reference to the realm of my servlet's context and
to use it to verify user and password.

any idea? should i change my approach?

thanx in advance,

ale.
--
allthatiremembernow,arepeopleandshadows.

Re: using realm in a servlet

Posted by colorblind <an...@webanana.com>.
well in the end i made a valve...anyone of you with some other good ideas?

thanx,

ale.

--
allthatiremembernow,arepeopleandshadows.