Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Marc Spehlmann <sp...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/27 22:21:35 UTC

[VOTE] quickstep-0.1.0rc4

Hi everyone,

This past week I took a couple steps forward in the release process and
therefore made another release candidate.

- Created a Dockerfile with an ubuntu 16 version with all* the dependencies
quickstep should need to build. This should make verification of the
release candidate easy if you're on an unsupported system (mac).

- Started work on a guide on confluence
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/QUICKSTEP/How+To+Release

- Fixed a third party bug introduced during our move to downloadable
dependencies last month

If no one has objections, I will create a folder in the root of quickstep
called release/ where we can keep the dockerfile, and release building
scripts.

Please vote +1 if you think that b24349cc3 is a good commit to base the
release on, and that you want this to be the release commit.

--Marc

* it seems that gcc 5.4 runs into an warning->error in gflags in Docker
ubuntu 16. Clang does not have this problem and it compiles fine.

Re: [VOTE] quickstep-0.1.0rc4

Posted by Hakan Memisoglu <ha...@apache.org>.
+1

It seems perfect. Thanks Marc.