Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Rohit Shinde <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/27 13:54:08 UTC

UIMA Build failing

Hello everyone,

I am intending to contirbute to UIMA. To that end, downloaded the svn
repository and started building UIMA.

However, when I do mvn install, it downloaded many packages and it gave me
one error:
Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.8:run (integration-test) on
project jcasgen-maven-plugin: 3 builds failed.

Why is this happening? Do I need to give sudo permissions?

Thank you,
Rohit Shinde

Re: UIMA Build failing

Posted by Rohit Shinde <ro...@gmail.com>.
I ran maven with the -e switch and here is the full stack trace of the
error.

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.8:run (integration-test) on
project jcasgen-maven-plugin: 3 builds failed. See console output above for
details. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.8:run
(integration-test) on project jcasgen-maven-plugin: 3 builds failed. See
console output above for details.
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:108)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:76)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:116)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:361)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:155)
at
at
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: 3 builds failed.
See console output above for details.
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.invoker.InvokerSession.handleFailures(InvokerSession.java:258)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.invoker.InvokerMojo.processResults(InvokerMojo.java:61)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.invoker.AbstractInvokerMojo.execute(AbstractInvokerMojo.java:725)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:133)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
... 19 more

Re: UIMA Build failing

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
hmmm,

no sudo permissions are needed.

The thing failing is part of the integration tests done for the build.

The detailed exception message says at the top:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.8:run (integration-test) on
project jcasgen-maven-plugin: 3 builds failed. See console output above for
details. -> [Help 1]

Can you post what you see when you look at the console output **above**?
Perhaps it will show some clue.

This integration test needs quite a bit of disk space.  If you don't have that,
you can skip the integration test by adding a -Dinvoker.skip  (see
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/integration-test-mojo.html)

so for example:

mvn install -Dinvoker.skip

-Marshall