Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> on 2014/08/10 22:41:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 4.2.2 (RC0)

Hello All,

I've prepared a release for v4.2.2 (RC0) which is the latest stable release
in the 4.2.x series. This is the third release in our Long Term Support
(LTS) version as detailed in our Release Management document:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management

Changes since 4.2.1:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326647&styleName=&projectId=12310963

A summary of the new features are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+new+in+v4.2.x

Information about upgrading to this release from v3.2.x is available at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v4.0

The cache in this release is compatible with the previous 4.x releases.

The artifacts are available for download at:

http://people.apache.org/~sorber/releases/trafficserver/4.2.2-rc0/

MD5: e2249555837f4f7196d3189716b2828a
SHA1: 8c862f0402f278eb8bca1678b0db0c4fcb0dd565

This corresponds to git:

Tag: 4.2.2-rc0

Which can be verified with the following:

git tag -v 4.2.2-rc0

My code signing key is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~sorber/gpg-code-signing-key.asc

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

The vote is open until Aug 19th 2014.

Thanks All!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 4.2.2 (RC0)

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 4.2.2 (RC0)

Posted by Bill Zeng <bi...@gmail.com>.
Great!
+2

Posted by Bill Zeng <bi...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jack Bates <du...@nottheoilrig.com>.
On 10/08/14 01:41 PM, Phil Sorber wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've prepared a release for v4.2.2 (RC0) which is the latest stable
> release in the 4.2.x series. This is the third release in our Long Term
> Support (LTS) version as detailed in our Release Management document:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management

+1
Debian 7.6 on i386 (32-bit Intel Atom N270)
Successfully built 4.2.2-rc0
When I run "make test" everything passes.
I made a couple test requests in transparent forward proxy mode,
no problems.
Verified checksums and signature.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 4.2.2 (RC0)

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 - Tested on Fedora 20

-Bryan

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 - Tested on Fedora 20

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've prepared a release for v4.2.2 (RC0) which is the latest stable
> release in the 4.2.x series. This is the third release in our Long Term
> Support (LTS) version as detailed in our Release Management document:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management
>
> Changes since 4.2.1:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326647&styleName=&projectId=12310963
>
> A summary of the new features are here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+new+in+v4.2.x
>
> Information about upgrading to this release from v3.2.x is available at:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v4.0
>
> The cache in this release is compatible with the previous 4.x releases.
>
> The artifacts are available for download at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sorber/releases/trafficserver/4.2.2-rc0/
>
> MD5: e2249555837f4f7196d3189716b2828a
> SHA1: 8c862f0402f278eb8bca1678b0db0c4fcb0dd565
>
> This corresponds to git:

> Tag: 4.2.2-rc0
>
> Which can be verified with the following:
>
> git tag -v 4.2.2-rc0
>
> My code signing key is available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sorber/gpg-code-signing-key.asc
>
> Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.
>
> The vote is open until Aug 19th 2014.
>
> Thanks All!

+1 from me as well. Fedora 20.

I'm calling this vote. It passes with 6 +1's (5 binding) and 0 -1's. I will
release this officially shortly.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 4.2.2 (RC0)

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.