Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/15 12:52:27 UTC

problem with custom documentation

http://james.apache.org/custom_mailet_2_1.html suggests that one way to get
custom mailets working is to add jars to the lib directory.

when i add the james and mailet jars i get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/avalon/cornerstone/services/connection/AbstractHandlerFactory

on startup. looks very much like a classloader issue to me. perhaps the
documentation needs to be updated.

- robert

Re: problem with custom documentation

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
Robert,

add jars to ..../SAR-INF/lib and classes to /SAR-INF/classes once
phoenix has unpacked everything. (you may need to create the dirs.

Watch out though, phoenix's classpathery will sometimes mean that you
may have to move stuff about to see that same classes as James does,
for db connections for e.g. Normally you should be OK though, because
IIRC we expose too much of the phoenix/james cp to mailets ;-)

d.