Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2014/10/16 22:55:49 UTC

2.7.0 release?

Folks,

I think we should release 2.7.0 at this point (unless there are objections). Scott, would you like to handle the release?

-Jordan

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.
Oh wait.. it looks like they went and fixed it for me.  I missed that in
the comments.  Ok, I have access now.  They just want us to be self-service
in the future.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> >although I had to type in my gpg passphrase like a billion times (can't
> get gpg-agent working properly on mac).
> I just updated the Wiki. You can set your PGP password in the Maven
> settings file.

Awesome, I did finally get it to work, I had to install pinentry-mac so
that gpg-agent could pop up the UI for me.

BTW: I think the .m2 settings need another tiny update.  The <profile>
section needs: <id>apache-release</id> right?

> >I don't really understand the difference between the two different forms
> of staging
> It’s an Apache thing. Apache releases are SOURCE code releases, not
> binaries. So, even though no one will ever use it, you must push the source
> artifacts to the Apache servers.

Yep, finally figured that out later when I was like "OMG where's the
binaries?" and finally got Nexus working.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
>although I had to type in my gpg passphrase like a billion times (can't get gpg-agent working properly on mac).
I just updated the Wiki. You can set your PGP password in the Maven settings file.

>I don't really understand the difference between the two different forms of staging
It’s an Apache thing. Apache releases are SOURCE code releases, not binaries. So, even though no one will ever use it, you must push the source artifacts to the Apache servers.

-JZ

On October 30, 2014 at 11:56:07 PM, Scott Blum (dragonsinth@gmail.com) wrote:

The Nexus stuff doesn't seem to be working.  I ran through the instructions up to that point, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to look on Nexus.  I poked around but don't see anything 2.7.0 anywhere.  As far as I can tell, everything seemed fine up to that point, although I had to type in my gpg passphrase like a billion times (can't get gpg-agent working properly on mac).

I'm going to go ahead with the next section tho and push to the svn dist/dev/curator.  I don't really understand the difference between the two different forms of staging, or why I have to rebuild it so many times.  Wouldn't the artifacts that got installed during step 3 in the first section be usable in step 2 in the second section?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
When you’re ready, just follow the instructions here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CURATOR/For+Curator+Committers#ForCuratorCommitters-release-curator

Ask questions if/as you run into problems. Like all things Apache, everything has to be just-so.

-JZ

On October 16, 2014 at 4:09:36 PM, Jordan Zimmerman (jordan@jordanzimmerman.com) wrote:

Sure - OK with me

On October 16, 2014 at 4:09:11 PM, Scott Blum (dragonsinth@gmail.com) wrote:

Sure. Any chance of getting in CURATOR-145 in this release? It's the
max-depth addition to TreeCache, which can truly let it replace both
NodeCache and PathChildrenCache. It would be nice to release it with
max-depth for these cases to get some miles on it.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.
Oh wait, looks like it did publish after all, but I had to log in on Nexus
to see it and understand what I was even looking at.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.7.0 release?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.