Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stephen Nesbitt <sn...@cobaltgroup.com> on 2005/06/22 00:38:02 UTC

Ant 1.6.3+ and JunitReport

All:

Can anyone translate the Requirements note in the JunitReport task
documentation into something approximating english?

I've run smack dab into the problem of not being able to generate frames
because of a conflict with Xalan, but can't figure out how to implement the
suggested solution which is use xalan 2.

Is it a simple matter of downloading Xalan 2 and placing it in the ant lib?
What about the presence of ant-xalan1.jar? Does it stay or go away?

Thanks!

-steve
--

Stephen Nesbitt
Senior Configuration Management Engineer

Re: Ant 1.6.3+ and JunitReport

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Stephen Nesbitt <sn...@cobaltgroup.com> wrote:

> One question - we are finding that placing Xalan 2 into ANT_LIB
> requires that we change the name from xalan.jar to ant-xalan.jar to
> ensure that it is placed on the classpath prior to ant-xalan1.jar.
>
> Is this correct?

Not at all.

ant-xalan1.jar contains Ant classes that require Xalan 1.x at runtime,
it doesn't contain Xalan itself.

There are no classes in Ant that require Xalan 2.x specifically, Ant
uses TraX and those classes are in ant-trax.jar.

You probably don't even need to ensure that Xalan 2.x is in front of
Xalan 1.x in your classpath since Ant should prefer Xalan 2 over 1.
But I must admit that I've never tried to run Ant with both of them on
the CLASSPATH at the same time.

Stefan

Re: Ant 1.6.3+ and JunitReport

Posted by Stephen Nesbitt <sn...@cobaltgroup.com>.