Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Justin <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/03 16:00:38 UTC

disappearing index

I built up two indexes using a multicore configuration
one containing 52,000+ documents and the other over 10 million,  the entire
indexing process showed now errors.

The server crashed over night, well after the indexing had completed, and
now no documents are reported for either index.

This despite the fact that the core's both have huge /data folders.  (one is
1.5GB the other is 8.5GB).

Any ideas?

Re: disappearing index

Posted by Toby Cole <to...@semantico.com>.
Could be that all your documents have not yet been committed.
Have you tried running a commit?

On 3 Dec 2008, at 15:00, Justin wrote:

> I built up two indexes using a multicore configuration
> one containing 52,000+ documents and the other over 10 million,  the
> entire
> indexing process showed now errors.
>
> The server crashed over night, well after the indexing had
> completed, and
> now no documents are reported for either index.
>
> This despite the fact that the core's both have huge /data folders.
> (one is
> 1.5GB the other is 8.5GB).
>
> Any ideas?

Toby Cole
Software Engineer

Semantico
Lees House, Floor 1, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
T: +44 (0)1273 358 238
F: +44 (0)1273 723 232
E: toby.cole@semantico.com
W: www.semantico.com