Posted to portalapps-user@portals.apache.org by Jeroen van Dun <Jv...@rocketsoftware.com> on 2013/07/01 12:50:20 UTC

ReverseProxy and remote scheme changing

Hi,

I noticed that one has to specify the scheme of the remote site (http) in the proxy mapping:

proxy.reverse.pass.apache.local = /apache/
proxy.reverse.pass.apache.remote = http://apache.org/

Is it possible to define one mapping that would handle both https and http requests to one particular site? Reason I am asking is because I encountered a site that switches from http to https at some point (during order entry) and I can't find the right configuration to handle that (without ending up with a redirect loop). Any pointers or examples would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeroen