Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hal Arnold <ha...@cj.com> on 2004/12/08 06:35:17 UTC

Can anyone help with "linkage Error"

Hi,

I've looked at all the Maven help lists I can find for the following
problem, which I see others have had. I am trying to get Spring with
Hibernate up in our environment using Maven. Works fine with Ant. My
problem is with the test goal (I'm simply wrapping test:test at this
point). I get the linkage error:

Testcase: warning(junit.framework.TestSuite$1):   FAILED

Exception in constructor: testGetCustomer (java.lang.LinkageError:
loader constraints violated when linking org/w3c/dom/Node class

            at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.reg
isterBeanDefinitions(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:176)

            at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBe
anDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:170)

            at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:129)

            at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBe
anDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:144)

        and lots of others..

I'm assuming from reading other folks notes on this same issue, that I
have a problem with the classloader, probably

with an incompatibility with one of the xml jars. Several folks have
suggested that the maven.junit.fork

be set to "true" which I have done. The following is the dependency list
(dare I assume that it

comes out in some loading order?):

[echo] "is fork on: "true""

[echo] ...

[echo] depends on servletapi

[echo] depends on regexp

[echo] depends on oro

[echo] depends on log4j

[echo] depends on struts

[echo] depends on db-ojb

[echo] depends on commons-collections

[echo] depends on commons-pool

[echo] depends on commons-beanutils

[echo] depends on commons-digester

[echo] depends on commons-fileupload

[echo] depends on commons-validator

[echo] depends on commons-dbcp

[echo] depends on commons-lang

[echo] depends on commons-logging

[echo] depends on jfreechart

[echo] depends on ftpbean

[echo] depends on ldap

[echo] depends on flux

[echo] depends on activation

[echo] depends on mail

[echo] depends on rowset

[echo] depends on CocoDeploy

[echo] depends on xalan

[echo] depends on xercesImpl

[echo] depends on xmlParserAPIs

[echo] depends on Verisign

[echo] depends on boldfish

[echo] depends on asp

[echo] depends on lucene

[echo] depends on standard

[echo] depends on jstl

[echo] depends on saxpath

[echo] depends on oscache

[echo] depends on resin (I tried turning this off, as it's commonly a
problem..no help tho)

[echo] depends on xstream

[echo] depends on spring

[echo] depends on spring-orm

[echo] depends on spring-aop

[echo] depends on aopalliance

[echo] depends on spring-mock

[echo] depends on hibernate

[echo] depends on dbunit

[echo] depends on junit

[echo] depends on jmock

[echo] depends on jwebunit

[echo] depends on module-platform (jar with only a simple interface,
nothing dangerour here..)

Can anyone suggest some help? I guess I could simply 'wrap' the ant task
that works..

thanks, hba

RE: Can anyone help with "linkage Error"

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Try using xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar instead of xmlParserAPIs.  If you look at
the note at the bottom of http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/xml-apis/jars/,
you will see that the use of xmlParserAPIs is not recommended.  I don't
know if this will correct the problem you are seeing, but it's worth a
shot.