Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@apache.org> on 2019/05/30 20:55:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Prefixing component names in JIRA (was: [Proposal] Component changes for Apache Airflow)

Hello all,

One of the motivations from the component refactor is trying to separate
issues related to Airflow as a system, vs. issues related to
implementations of Airflow’s API for Operators/Hooks/(Sensors?).

Daniel correctly pointed at Kubernetes. Airflow has a
KubernetesPodOperator, and also a Kubernetes Executor. We want to have
issues relating to each of these things in separate components (right? : )).

For executors, it makes sense to have components such as
‘executor-kubernetes’, ‘executor-celery’. Let’s try to figure out a prefix
that can group hooks/operators.

Jarek proposed ‘ext-’ (after ‘extensions’, or ‘external’). I have no
objections to this. Let’s continue this discussion. Thoughts?

If you think of prefixes for any other components, please mention them here
too, so we can make the issue-filing experience easy and convenient.

Cheers,
Aizhamal