Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Halfon, Roey" <ro...@sap.com> on 2019/06/16 12:50:29 UTC

Asynchronous I/O

Hi All,
I have a flow which contains few external REST calls, in few different operators.

As I read in documentation, using AsyncFunction is the recommended way to execute these calls.

Few questions regarding that:
1. Can someone explain better the 'capacity' parameter? How it affects latency/througput? Is there any recommendation or advise about how to calculate it?
2. What exactly is saved in job state? External requests that are not completed yet? And then in case of failure, application will execute it again?
3. Every logic that has some external call should be implemented in AsyncFunction? Or is there any other way/recommendation?

Thanks a lot,
Roey.