Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tarandeep Singh <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/29 18:51:41 UTC

Anyone to help me on MapWritable as Intermediate Key

Hi,

I want to use MapWritable or SortedMapWritable as intermediate key emitted
by Map functions. I want to know how the framework is going to sort and
group such keys. Also how can I provide my own comparator so that the
framework sorts and groups according to my requirement.

thanks a lot,
Taran

Re: Anyone to help me on MapWritable as Intermediate Key

Posted by Tamer Elsayed <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tarandeep,

MapWritable doesn't implement Comparable, so I think it cannot be used as a
key. If u want that functionality, then u have to have a subclass that
implements Comparable and there u will define your sorting logic.

Tamer

--
Proud to be a follower of the "Best of Mankind"
"وَاذْكُرْ رَبَّكَ إِذَا نَسِيتَ وَقُلْ عَسَى أَنْ يَهْدِيَنِي رَبِّي