Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/01 20:37:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drop Support for Java 1.6 in Storm 0.10.0

CC user@

I’d like to poll the community about the possibility of dropping support for Java 1.6 in the Storm 0.10.0 release. To date, we have been very conservative in terms of supporting 1.6, and I don’t see much of an issue moving up to 1.7, but I’d like to get a broader view.

If we were to move up to 1.7, it would make the upcoming 0.9.5 version the last release compatible with Java 1.6.

Any strong opinions? Would anyone object?

-Taylor

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop Support for Java 1.6 in Storm 0.10.0

Posted by Andrew Xor <an...@gmail.com>.
I am all for it, I've been using storm with Java 8 for quite some time
without major issues. The performance aspect of it is better as well.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
Great for dropping support 1.6.

Thanks.
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2015년 6월 2일 화요일, P. Taylor Goetz<pt...@gmail.com>님이 작성한 메시지:

--
Name : 임 정택
Blog : http://www.heartsavior.net / http://dev.heartsavior.net

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop Support for Java 1.6 in Storm 0.10.0

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Grant Overby (groverby)" <gr...@cisco.com>.
We¹re using it with 1.7, so no objection.

Grant Overby
Software Engineer
Cisco.com <http://www.cisco.com/>
groverby@cisco.com
Mobile: 865 724 4910

 Think before you print.This email may contain confidential and privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this
message.
Please click here
<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for
Company Registration Information.