Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Rod Macpherson <rm...@abovehealth.com> on 2005/09/21 15:42:26 UTC

Sweeter Suites

Would something like this be worth adding to cactus? I cobbled together
a class called MethodTestSuite that dynamically creates tests based on a
method name. Granted, it's just syntatic sugar for
suite.add(newMyTestSuite("myMethod")) which I found rather tart:)

public class MyTestSuite extends TestCase
{
	public static Test suite()
	{
		MethodTestSuite suite = new
MethodTestSuite(MyTestSuite.class);

		suite.add("testDial");
		suite.add("testConnect");
		suite.add("testDisconnect");

		return suite;
	}
}

RE: Sweeter Suites

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Rod,

Thanks for the proposal. Personally I don't think it fits in the Cactus
project. I don't see anything related to Cactus there. I do see stuff
related to JUnit though but JUnit is a different project...

> public class MyTestSuite extends TestCase
> {
> 	public static Test suite()
> 	{
> 		MethodTestSuite suite = new
> MethodTestSuite(MyTestSuite.class);
>
> 		suite.add("testDial");
> 		suite.add("testConnect");
> 		suite.add("testDisconnect");
>
> 		return suite;
> 	}
> }

It doesn't buy you much I think and also it doesn't support Test suite
constructors that take more than a string parameter. Anyway that's a junit
topic.

Thanks
-Vincent